How we cook can change the world.
With one small idea, a movement was born. The essential cookbook of simple eating and Christian compassion, More-with-Less has given generations of cooks basic, healthy recipes that are gentle on the budget and mindful of those who are hungry. This 40th anniversary edition preserves hundreds of timeless recipes and tips from Doris Janzen Longacre’s bestselling cookbook and offers updates by award-winning food writer Rachel Marie Stone.
If you own just one cookbook, More-with-Less is the one. Serve your household nourishing meals and inspiring stories about sharing resources and living with less. Join a community that is cooking with a conscience.
The World Community Cookbook series benefits the work of Mennonite Central Committee, a worldwide ministry of relief, development, and peace. Nearly one million copies sold.
Simple. Wholesome. Generous. Faithful.
Key features of the 40th Anniversary edition include:
- Classic recipes with tips for contemporary cooks
- Colorful photographs throughout
- New recipes featuring fresh, healthy ingredients
- Updated nutritional information and cooking techniques
- Inspiring stories of living joyfully and simply
- Recipe labels on vegetarian and gluten-free dishes