“Personal information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, phone number or email address. MennoMedia may collect and store the personal information that you have provided us. Examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via the email addresses on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or email, we may collect your name, address, phone number and/or email address in order to respond to your inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, other contact information, and payment information when you place an order from our catalog, over the phone or from our MennoMedia.org, MennoMedia.ca, HeraldPress.com, or ShineCurriculum.com webstores.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a donation, whether on our website, via PayPal, over the phone or by mailing a check.
The above list is a sample of personal information that may be collected and stored by MennoMedia.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- To reduce redundancy, donor information is compiled on a database used by several other agencies of Mennonite Church USA, including but not limited to: the Executive Board, Mennonite Mission Network, The Mennonite, and Mennonite Women. Neither MennoMedia nor any other agency of MC USA will sell, trade, or share donor information with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or product order.
- Personal information and payment information are stored securely in compliance with the Payment Card International Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
- We may use your personal information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirement of law, or in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We may use personal information collected to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a donation, product order, or other transaction. If you use a credit or debit card on our website, we may use cart authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review this information, please contact us at: MennoMedia Development Office, P.O. Box 866, Harrisonburg, VA 22803.